From our family home to a family business...
One day, out of the blue, my Dad announced that he was going to turn our family home into a Bed and Breakfast – so the Ivy Mount Guest House was born.
My Mum and Dad ran the bed and breakfast for a over twenty years, so as a young boy I used to sit in the dining room with the other customers, having my breakfast, before I started my walk to school – you could say that Bed and Breakfast life is in my blood.
Fast forward to the year 2000: I was all grown up and looking for a project. My parents were of retirement age, and were looking for a buyer for the business.
I couldn’t imagine anyone else running it as well as my Mum & Dad had, and it made perfect sense for me to continue running it, so i bought the business from my parents.
We're not just a bog-standard, run of the mill hotel, here's 7 reasons you should stay...
- Fantastic location, close to the most important spots for a hassle free stay
- Helpful and friendly staff
- Independently run business, no chains!
- Rated "excellent" by 272 travelers on Trip Advisor
- Constantly improving services to ensure complete satisfaction
- Free WiFi and parking for everyone
- Full English Breakfast and our own bar!